Have you ever been obsessed with anything? I have been trying to think about all the different things that I have been obsessed with over the years...and quite a few have come to mind. Most recently I have been obsessed with things like Halo 2 and 3, different time wasting games on facebook like jetman, mafia wars, mouse hunt, or college town.
Looking back through my life, I have been obsessed with a lot of different things...but unfortunately most of the time my obsessions aren't with the one thing that they should be with. As a Christian, I am called to be obsessed with Jesus and to live my life in Christ. I think that Christians as a whole fall short in this area, myself included. What would it look like if everyone that claimed to be a Christian lived a life being obsessed with Jesus and spending all of their time/efforts/money fulfilling the things that Jesus was all about? I for one think that people would have a much more positive view of Christians.
I want to be completely and utterly obsessed with Christ. So much that my life absolutely revolves around Him and I would feel worthless if I'm not living up to the standards that He has set.
I want to...
- give freely and openly
- live life in faith and step out of my comfort zone
- be connected to the poor and needy in some way
- be more concerned with obeying God than fulfilling the status quo
- strive to always be more humble
- serve better
- think about others more than myself
- have a "Kingdom" mindset and orient my life around eternity
- have a passion for God above all else
- be open and transparent with God
- have a more intimate relationship with Him
- be more joyful in every circumstance
- be faithful to Christ in every aspect of my life