Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Crazy Love - Chapter 8

Obsessed: To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic.

Have you ever been obsessed with anything? I have been trying to think about all the different things that I have been obsessed with over the years...and quite a few have come to mind. Most recently I have been obsessed with things like Halo 2 and 3, different time wasting games on facebook like jetman, mafia wars, mouse hunt, or college town.

Looking back through my life, I have been obsessed with a lot of different things...but unfortunately most of the time my obsessions aren't with the one thing that they should be with. As a Christian, I am called to be obsessed with Jesus and to live my life in Christ. I think that Christians as a whole fall short in this area, myself included. What would it look like if everyone that claimed to be a Christian lived a life being obsessed with Jesus and spending all of their time/efforts/money fulfilling the things that Jesus was all about? I for one think that people would have a much more positive view of Christians.

I want to be completely and utterly obsessed with Christ. So much that my life absolutely revolves around Him and I would feel worthless if I'm not living up to the standards that He has set.

I want to...
  • give freely and openly
  • live life in faith and step out of my comfort zone
  • be connected to the poor and needy in some way
  • be more concerned with obeying God than fulfilling the status quo
  • strive to always be more humble
  • serve better
  • think about others more than myself
  • have a "Kingdom" mindset and orient my life around eternity
  • have a passion for God above all else
  • be open and transparent with God
  • have a more intimate relationship with Him
  • be more joyful in every circumstance
  • be faithful to Christ in every aspect of my life
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment