Monday, July 20, 2009

And so it begins...

My first blog...

Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about this. I have tried keeping journals or recording the various events that are happening in my life, but never had the motivation to write things down freehand. So for my first blog I'm going to give some major props to technology!

Welcome to the information age people! We have been blessed (or cursed as some might think) to have a plethora of technological advances right at our fingertips. From laptop computers to MP3 players to cell phones to Facebook, it has never been easier to keep in touch with your many loved ones. I must admit that without any of these things, my life would be much different.

For starters, I probably wouldn't have landed this great internship and would still be torn between two different majors at school. I would have missed seeing my niece and nephews grow up. I probably wouldn't communicate at all with my immediate family, because I rarely find time to call them as it is. (sorry mom) I wouldn't be able to talk to many of my closest friends. I would miss out on the infinite resources that the internet has for youth ministers. I would pretty much die in class, as I HATE taking notes on anything other than my laptop. (I am much faster at typing than writing) And I would never have been able to start this blog.

Thinking of how different my WHOLE LIFE would be without technology really makes me thankful for the things that God has provided and the way that He has working in my life. I want to encourage you to think about the ways that God has blessed you and thank Him. Often times I find myself taking for granted the little things that God does in my life...like the everyday usage of technology. I am so thankful for the technology that we have today and for the many ways that it allows me to keep in touch with the people I love!

1 comment: