I'm going to try to do a better job of blogging more. I really enjoy reading the list of 15 blogs that I follow as often as I can, and find myself wondering why people don't blog more so that I can read them. Then I realized that I might be making some people (if anyone actually reads my blog) feel the same way...wondering every night why there isn't a new post on Cody's Contemplations for their reading enjoyment.
Well folks, today is your lucky day! The wait is over! You blog dreams have been fulfilled!
I'm in a weird mood right now and I decided that its time for a random blog. So today's theme is...
TOPS: My top 3 list...of top 5 lists!
I am going to try my best to compile my top three list of top five lists regarding how things rank (or ranked) in my life! Woot!
Number 3: My top 5 favorite foods regardless of genre or whatever thats called for food...
5) Sesame Chicken- This is my all time favorite chinese food dish and the one that I find myself ordering regardless of the restaurant. The best sesame chicken I have ever had was from The Wonderful House in Scottsbluff.
4) Chili- I'm not really a huge soup fan...so it's a good thing that I don't really classify chili as a soup. There are 2 chili's that each have a separate place in my heart forever. First, Cristina Sander's chili is the best chili that I have ever eaten...I love to eat it with fritos, lots of shredded cheddar cheese, and a little bit of sour cream. Second, my mom's chili. Many of you might think that this is very weird but I eat my mom's chili just like my dad does...by dousing it in sugar. Yes you hear correctly...SUGAR. Try it sometime...I wouldn't recommend it with a really spicy chili though. Reserve it for a really mild one.
3) Smothered Enchiladas- Favorite mexican food of all. I get these at any mexican restaurant that has them. Cheesy enchiladas covered in spicy pork chili is to die for! If you are ever in Scottsbluff, you have to try the smothered enchiladas at El Charrito for the are muy muy bueno!
2) Cheeseburgers- The best grilling out food ever. I could eat burgers anytime and anyplace. You can find cheap burgers for a dollar at various fast food places to satisfy your hunger. Or you could dive into the world of gourmet burgers for a pretty penny. Regardless of where you get them, they are sure to fill you up...some more than others though. The only things that could possibly be better than a cheeseburger (other than my number 1 food) is a cheeseburger with BACON!!!
1) Pizza- The chameleon of foods. Think about it...they make breakfast pizza, mexican pizza, veggie pizza, dessert pizza, taco pizza, cheeseburger pizza, mac and cheese pizza, and the list goes on. Like a food but are wondering how to make it better? Try making it into a pizza! I eat pizza fresh, day old, hot, or cold. I simply don't get tired of it. The best pizza that I can think of might surprise some people. Little Caesar's Hot and Ready. Cheap. Take it home and douse it with Frank's Red Hot Sauce then dip it in some ranch dressing and you could almost call that heavenly.
Number 2: Top 5 best of the worst pick up lines ever...
5) If you were a new hamburger at McDonald's, you would be McGorgeous.
4) How you doing? (said in a sleazy Joey Tribbiani voice)
3) Your graphics are so beautiful that they rival Doom 3.2) There's this movie I really want to see, but my mommy said I can't go by myself...
1) Do you have a boyfriend? [No] Want one? [Yes] Well, when you want a MANfriend, come and talk to me.
Number 1: Top 5 things that I played with when a child...
5) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- I used to be obsessed with the TNMT. I collected all the action figures and would play with them on a daily basis. My favorite thing to do with them though, was to line them up in 2 lines facing each other, then grab my dad and have a war by shooting a rubber band at the other side. The first person to knock all the TNMT's down on the enemy side won. AWESOME!
4) Basketball- When I was younger, I could almost always be found outside playing basketball. Whether it was by myself, with my dad, or with the neighborhood kids...I did it all the time. That part of me hasn't really changed much. I still do that quite a bit.
3) My Bike- Riding around the neighborhood racing other kids, timing myself to see how fast I could ride to my grandma's and back, making ramps and trying to jump over things, crunching a pop can and putting it on the back tire to make it sound like a motorcycle, riding through the gutter to make all the water shoot out behind you, and trying to make the longest skid mark on the sidewalk...ya my bike riding days were the best!
2) Legos- This probably consumed at least 6 months of my life if you add all the hours together. If you were to ask me what I wanted for Christmas when I was younger, I probably would have said legos. And the few days after Christmas and my birthday...you would know where to find me...I was in my room building all the sweet legos that I had received. I had so many legos that my mom got me a huge tote to put them all in. It was big enough to fit me in it. I had lego parties that lasted for days. Best days ever!
1) Dirt- What little boy didn't play with dirt? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a boy would actually be a girl if they didn't play in the dirt at least once in their life. I lived outside in the dirt. I was REALLY into building forts and those always required digging a trench somewhere in the back yard. I think the time that I realized I didn't like dirt so much was when my dad put me to work digging little holes to make a walkway of stepping stones in the back yard...dirt went from play...to work. Sad day!
Welp...I hope that you enjoyed yet another trip into my head for a moment...see you next year!